Established 11-Room Motel on Busy Tourist Route
Stock Included: —
Stock Value: —
Years Est: —
Gross Revenue: —
This is the perfect-sized business for an owner-operator keen to run their own show, with minimal staffing costs. It would also suit a motivated buyer who would like to take this well established motel to the next level.
Enjoying a prime location on the busy Princes Highway, 232km from Melbourne, this 11-room motel was established in the late 1960s, and has been run by the current owner for 11 years. No competition, only motel in town.
- 5 queen rooms - including a self-contained, one-bedroom spa apartment - plus 2 doubles, 3 twins (with double bed plus a single) and a family room (double plus 2 singles)
- Dining room - currently not in use due to family commitments
- 1 casual staff member, 4 hours a week, plus casual gardener
- Owner's accommodation
- Kitchen includes commercial gas stove, microwave, fridge/freezers, all pots, pans, crockery, cutlery
- Tables and chairs for 20 guests
- WiFi internet - guests purchase 1 or 2 hourly cards
This great motel boasts a strong customer base, including tourists, families, truck and coach drivers, and many regulars. It's in a great location for those travelling from NSW to Melbourne, or to Tasmania, families heading to the snow or Queensland for holidays, family events, and those attending major events, such as the annual dog show and Shakespeare Festival.
Turnover for the last financial year was $130,000, and there is plenty of scope to grow the business, given the location, established name and currently untapped potential.
Freehold price: $730,000
Owners are keen to sell, all offers will be seriously considered.