Plus Size Clothing Business For Sale VIC
Stock Included: No
Stock Value: —
Years Est: 2007
Gross Revenue: 274,000
For Sale: Award Winning Plus Size Clothing Business - Online & Shop with Dwelling. Huge Facebook Following & Opportunities for Growth.
Fact: The average Australian woman is size 14-16 with 60% of Australian women considered plus sized. With only a fraction of the retail clothing industry catering to plus sizes, this is a fantastic opportunity to enter a growing retail market.
About the business:
Retailer of designer women’s plus size clothing sizes 12-36. Selling all across Australia and overseas with both premium and budget ranges on offer. The plus size clothing website was established 9 years ago, with the shop in Mentone, Melbourne established 7 years ago.
The owners only work with reliable suppliers, primarily from the US, UK and Aus, offering good margins. Most stock is sold pre-order with some in-stock ranges, so the business holds minimal stock (= less risk). The website offers thousands of products for sale ranging from special occasion dresses, tops, bottoms, jackets, skirts, tights, lingerie, bras, underwear, shapewear, swimwear, sleepwear, maternity wear (50% of pregnant Australian women are plus size), bridal wear, active wear, accessories etc. Selling sizes 12-36 (most shops only sell up to maximum of size 26).
• Average yearly turnover approx $274,000
• Lifestyle business with short hours (2 owners work approx 25 hours a week each)
• Cheap rent $520 pw (+ GST) for shop & large 2 bedroom dwelling & room for 2 cars
• located near the beach in the premium suburb of Mentone, Melbourne, close to Southland Shopping Centre and public transport, with customer parking at front
• Due to renew the lease in March 2017, which is a 2x2. Great landlord and real estate agency.
• Easy e-commerce system and fantastic user friendly website
• 1 x home based part-time staff member plus other contractors to help with the website.
• Website averages 40,000 visits per month including approx 30,000 unique visits per month.
• High Google ranking consistently over the last 9 years, with many keywords at the top of page 1.
• Selling many designer ranges from around the world, without having to hold a lot of stock (less risk).
• It’s a destination shop (customers travel long distances to shop) also with local customer base.
• Currently only open to public 4 days pw (Wed-Sat short hours)
• Over 200,000 engaged Facebook followers and growing rapidly + other established social media.
• 14,000 Email subscribers
• Winner of a small business award, and featured on TV, magazines, newspaper, radio.
• So much opportunity for growth and expansion!
• Full training available for new owners.
• Excellent opportunity to be your own boss and work from home (No more commute!)
• Alternative uses for the dwelling include expanding the shop or using for other sources of business income
• Add new designers to the range
• Manufacturing/wholesale opportunities available
• Ability to franchise or open other locations
• Expand certain key ranges eg. plus size bridal wear or maternity wear
• Extend hours to increase turnover
• Affiliate marketing opportunities available
• ... and more!
Reason for selling: Family commitments
Asking price: $120,000 plus SAV.
*Only genuine expressions of interest please.
Business Operated from Home: