Very Profitable and Well Established Motel and Restaurant
Stock Included: —
Stock Value: —
Years Est: —
Gross Revenue: —
This well established, leasehold 24-room motel and 50-seat restaurant in beautiful Deloraine has a proven track record, a long lease and an impressive net profit for an owner-occupier working just five days a week.
Occupying a 5989sqm site with breathtaking mountain views, the aptly named Mountain View Country Inn makes the most of Deloraine's great location on the Meander River, in the central north of Tasmania.
Just 50km from Launceston and 52km from Devonport on the Bass Highway, Deloraine offers excellent education and health facilities, is a busy transport hub for trade and tourists, and offers easy access to Cradle Mountain, the Great Western Tiers, Mole Creek and the Central Highlands.
Mountain View Country Inn at a glance:
- Long running business established in 1967.
- Current owners took over in 2010 and have grown turnover from the accommodation and restaurant year on year.
- In FY the business turned over approx $546k in total and netted approx $180k before third party wages. Current net profit is approx $120k.
- The business is currently owner-operated with assistance from a part-time manager and experienced casual staff.
- Sale includes leasehold business, website, business name and motel inventory.
- All rooms are fully equipped with ensuite bathrooms and parking.
- Settler’s is a fully licenced, a la carte restaurant and can seat up to 50 guests.
- Nostalgic 1800s theme with large stone fireplace, rustic timber furniture, memorabilia and pottery drink ware. Opens at 6pm daily.
- Bar serves beer on tap, wine, spirits and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Self-rated 3-Star motel with good reviews, including ‘Best Value’ on TripAdvisor, and 3.9 out of 5 on Wotif
- Single level building has been partially renovated and is in good condition.
- Potential for substantial increase in occupancy due to local mining activities.
- All town services available including broadband Internet, mains power, town water, town sewerage and telephone.
As the only true motel in town, Mountain View Country Inn attracts tourists year-round, and is also a popular stopover for travellers going or returning from further west, as well as business guests from the mining, railway and dairy sector.