Online business, work from home, income.
Stock Included: No
Stock Value: —
Years Est: 2003
Gross Revenue: —
Rare opportunity to purchase a real online manufacturing business, with established wholesale customers and unique products 100% owned, manufactured and packaged all in Sydney, Australia. (easily relocatable) Dermatology, skincare product.
** This is an actual operating, profitable small business (not a startup or one with the 'opportunity' to be profitable one day - as many online 'businesses' are). It is a valuable business with many assets, R & D, IP, goodwill and income. Extremely well-priced to sell, as owner has new full time commitment.**
Established in 2003, the Easy Reach Lotion Applicator was invented by Peter, whose dermatologist told him to use some fabric wrapped around a ruler to apply lotion to his back. Needless to say, he thought this was ridiculous and wanted to find another way to do it. Peter spent the following 18 months researching, designing, testing and developing the hygienic, folding Easy Reach Lotion Applicator.
This product is unique and sells into the dermatology, pharmacy, beauty, skincare and aged care industries. It is a quality product with no direct competition and established repeat trade customers.
Majority of sales are made in Australia, with the occasional O/S order.
A lot has been invested in producing a user-friendly Shopify ecommerce website that minimises pre-sale support, and converts sales really well. In addition a number of backend systems are well connected to reduce time for daily operations.
It is a great little ecommerce business, steady cash flow, excellent margins and very minimal hours to maintain. I have achieved what I set out to with my IT skills and now it is ready for a new owner/operator to run as is or expand as they wish.
See website here: https://easyreach.com.au/
Highlights of this business include:
- Long esatblished business and product, operations all updated in last 18 months for easy to run home business.
- Established, wholesale repeat customers including large national chain, online retailers and distributors (with their own large customer bases).
- Fully digitised and automated sales, customer databases, and reporting: custom - built shopify ecommerce platform and app.
- All past and current trade customers have been converted to buying online only with minimum bulk purchases and customers paying for postage. Trade customers now all order online, with
- Very little customer service required. Even new inquiries come through a web form and can be approved quickly on the website or app to start buying instantly.
- Marketing database on Mailchimp with approved subscriptions for all customers for easy, effective marketing.
- Manufacturing processes tested and updated end to end in the last 18 months.
- Upgraded the sponges for better performance (thickness and colour) but kept costs the same.
- RRP increased 18 months ago and wholesale customers/resellers have been given a generous period of great margins, keeping their wholesale price the same as it has been for over 8 years now. (potential now to increase wholesale price)
- Registered medical device with the Therapeutic Goods Administration (excellent for the dermatology and export markets)
- Extremely healthy gross margins.
Who will this business suit?
Anyone looking for a low-effort lifestyle business, someone looking for a genuine work at home online opportunity - a real business with actual sales history and customers. Currently wholesale only, with opportunity for retail if a new owner wishes.
In the last 18 months the technology and operations have been made extremely easy (very little to do), so now someone interested in marketing, sales, business development can have some fun and grow the business further. No specific industry or technical product knowledge required.
Owner would need a spare room, garage or small storage space elsewhere for stock and components (options for storage at manufacturer as well).
Also required: basic IT skills and/or the ability to learn or get someone else to do it.
This would also be a fantastic add-on business for a distributor /manufacturer/ wholesaler in the pharmacy, dermatology, beauty space or a dermatologist.
The Easy Reach folding lotion and cream applicator helps you reach your back or any other tricky area. Robust, quality product. All made in Australia.
Each Easy Reach comes with two removable, washable, replaceable sponges, unlike other fixed sponge applicators, which breed nasty bacteria. Replacement packs of four sponges are available separately
The sponge is fully enclosed within the applicator when folded, avoiding sponge contamination and messy storage problems. Great for travel or the beach bag!
It opens and locks at the hinge to a long 380mm (15”) and closes to 197mm (7¾”).
The sponges feature bonded fabric for easy application of all lotions, creams, sunscreens, ointments and gels, without absorbing the product into the sponge.
Ideal for the bathroom, travel, beach, pool, injured, elderly and for applying topical medications and self-tanning products - no more messy hands!
The sponges are made of foam and bonded on both sides with a soft fabric. (Adjust quantities at checkout.)
To remove the sponge for washing, grip its edge firmly and peel back from the base. Wash in warm soapy water, rinse and squeeze dry in a towel and let air-dry.
Website & Systems:
Custom built Shopfiy ecommerce site with great functionality, easy user experience and seamless online wholesale only sales - linked to Mailchimp emarketing system. No maintenance required – just updates when desired and writing occasional marketing email to send out.
Shipping labels, invoices can be printed easily through Shopify but we have also been very much paper free.
Shopify app also included for easy management and reporting anywhere any time.
Webmail, domain name also included.
High Google search rankings for our keywords due to long history of the domain name.
This business currently runs on an hour or two most weeks, with one owner/operator. There are currently 1-4 wholesale orders on average to fulfil each week, which doesn't take long.
A few more hours when a large order comes in for our national reseller or when manufacturing a new run of product – assembling components and packaging, which can easily be outsourced or subcontracted.
Most weeks, there are 3-5 email inquiries, most of which are new resellers requesting wholesale buying access as directed on the website. Only a couple of occasional phone calls.
Easy Reach is selling well to existing customers with very minimal marketing. There is plenty of opportunity for a new owner to expand on this.
· Email Marketing: email list of 205 subscribed customers in Mailchimp (linked to Shopify) for direct marketing. When you send an email blast out, it generally reminds them and there’s a corresponding spike in sales.
100% of wholesale sales are done online through the website. Our customers include large skincare chain stores, pharmacies, dermatologists and aged care facilities. We have not tried to expand our sales and most new customers come from online searches of our keywords. We get international enquiry but have not tried to distribute OS yet (we generally direct them to our online resellers).
What's included in the sale:
· Business name
· Shopify website & all current content, photos, copy plus a bank of previous images
· Domain name
· All other relevant digital accounts and assets; domain name registration, webmail
· Mailchimp emarketing account
· Goodwill (wholesale customers)
· Therapeutic Goods Administration registration
· All manufacturing, product and process intellectual property – we have lots of research and development put into the design, testing and manufacture of our applicator and also the particular surface of the sponges.
· Manufacturing equipment: plastic injection moulds, sponge cutters, samples etc
Not included - these items changes weekly with sales and manufacturing operations, but we keep enough stock to fulfil our larger orders immediately.
· Product packaging, labels, posters, boxes
· Inventory on hand
The next steps can be expansion options to new customers in Australia (pharmacies, dermatologists etc), overseas and also online retail (currently not selling retail, and this would be a huge profit margin).
· Retail – an instant opportunity to boost to sales, we get regular inquiries and direct them other resellers. Selling on ebay, Amazon etc.
· International sales – ebay, Amazon or through a distributor
· Email Marketing – doing this more regularly with a targeted strategy
· Drop shipping– for other resellers
· Direct marketing – via mail or personal sales into more pharmacy chains, dermatologists, industry events, aged care facilities, beauty and skincare chains.
· New Products – some idea here based on inquiries
· Advertising & Social Media – building the brand and product awareness, so resellers want more or while branching into retail.
· Margins – with excellent margins already on wholesale sales - as this business is also the manufacturer! There is still plenty of opportunity here, as prices have not shifted in over 8 years.
Training & Handover:
Sale includes personal handover of physical stock and components in Sydney and a run down of the products & processes, videos of processes, as well as a couple more weeks ongoing phone/email support. New owner can easily come up to speed with the very user-friendly Shopify platform as there is A LOT of online support for this.
Looking forward to talking further with interested parties.