Iconic Wheatbelt Roadhouse for Sale
Stock Included: No
Stock Value: —
Years Est: 1950's
Gross Revenue: —
Dumbleyung is a service centre with a post office, school, tavern, public library, caravan park and other facilities. Each year in the first week of April the town hosts "The Taste of Dumbleyung" event which attracts a range of visitors.
The surrounding areas produce wheat and other cereal crops. The town itself is a central receival site for Cooperative Bulk Handling (Wheat silos)
The roadhouse has a long history with this busy wheat belt town being first built in the early 1950’s. Throughout the years it has undergone various refurbishments to keep it up to date with customer’s needs. The current owners took over the business in 2015 with a view to running it for a few years before their retirement.
They currently run 2 fuel bowsers with unleaded and diesel fuel. The roadhouse is the only Fuel station in town with a High Flow Station capable of being accessed by long haulage trucks. The closest competitors (Kukerin and Wagin) are approximately half an hour away in opposite directions.
Dumbleyung Roadhouse offers customers a limited selection of fast food, confectionary, drink, and gift wares. Uniquely this also includes the “collectables ”section. There is a fully equipped commercial kitchen and an area which previously operated as a popular dine-in restaurant. Because the current owners only wanted a lifestyle business to live from and to provide them with a modest income they decided to simplify the operation by closing the restaurant and only offering a simple range of take away food options.
Advertising is effectively limited to some social media exposure such as Facebook, local newsletters, Google and Trip advisor. The current owners do not make any formal attempt to promote or grow the business.
This business is ideally suited to a motivated husband and wife team. There is considerable scope to increase trade by;
• re opening the dine in restaurant. This will not only add a totally new income source but also increase existing fuel sales to the new customers attracted to stop for the food offering
• installing self-serve bowsers (which are quite common in the wheat belt area) effectively extending trading to a 24 hour operation ( without any additional wage component )
• Extending existing full service hours
• Actively marketing the business to locals (farmers etc) but also tourists, commercial traffic and truck drivers on this busy commercial route
• Creating a dedicated Dumbleyung Roadhouse website
• Creating a user friendly mobile phone app promoting the business, advertising discounts / specials and providing for forward ordering of meals while travelling
Accommodation – ( Live in Management)
The business included on site accommodation for the owners / mangers of the business.
The residence behind the roadhouse consists of 3 bedrooms with 1 of those rooms currently being used as an office. There is a large room which adjoins the kitchen and which can be used for a lounge area plus an additional room off this. There is a granny flat attached at the end of the hall. This has a lounge, kitchen, bathroom, toilet and a large bedroom
This represents an amazing opportunity to invest in your own freehold roadhouse at an attractive entry price and to then develop and grow the business to add value to the asset.
Property Title Included:
Broker/Agent ID Number: