Stock Included: —
Stock Value: —
Years Est: —
Gross Revenue: —
If you are looking to profit from a proven business system then you need look no further than the Charcoal.
Established in 1962, the Charcoal has remained a constant over its 50+ years of success and has had only a handful of owners during this time.
Its most recent proprietor has owned it for 24 years, and was the accountant for the previous owner - he felt compelled to buy it when it was offered for sale.
The current owner is not a chef or waiter and works as a little as 15 hours per week, principally in administration of the business. Another director works as little as 25 hours a week.
Key results and features:
- 5 days 6 nights (no public holidays 3 week Christmas shutdown)
- Sales $900k+ - financial statements and tax returns (assisting with bank finance application)
- New 10 year lease offered in the heritage-listed Melbourne Building
- 2 Directors working 40 hours between them achieved an owners profit of: $141,827 (2013-14 financial statements)
- Award winning restaurant with long established and regular clientele
- Committed and well-trained chefs and waiters wishing to remain
- No additional expenditure required in terms of plant and equipment
Some small changes to the outdated booking and administration processes could save considerable time, and improve the customer experience.
The simplicity of the menu is one of the most compelling reasons why you should consider owning this business.
This business has been an icon of the Canberra market for 53+ years, it doesn’t aim to compete with the food fads which come in and out of fashion.