SPECIALIST RETROFIT WALL INSULATION
Stock Included: No
Stock Value: —
Years Est: 24
Gross Revenue: —
WHO ARE WE?
Jim's insulation Service are converting an existing insulation operation (that started operating in the ACT and Southern NSW in 2010 and in Sydney, Central Coast and Newcastle in 1993) into a franchise specialising in high gross profit, unique and exclusive retrofit wall and roof insulation products.
WHAT WE DO?
We specialise in cocooning an existing house with insulation (roof, walls and underfloor) which not only improves the comfort levels significantly but can also reduce heating and cooling cost by up to 70%, or more.
We have the highest insulation rating wall insulation product and the also the best products for fixing and upgrading roof insulation and as a result we often travel for half a day to meet the demand for our products.
We install insulation for both builders and the domestic market and we install most forms of insulation but specialise in the high gross profit margin products we manufacture exclusively for our franchises and subcontractors. These products have an installed insulation rating generally twice or more than alternative traditional forms of insulation due to their extra installed benefits and features.
With mandatory energy rating disclosure for existing homes, already legislated in the ACT and proposed for NSW in 2020, this has created an elevated level of demand for retrofit insulation products in the ACT and is expected to do so for NSW, especially for pump-in insulation for existing walls.
Due to the ever-increasing power prices, the need for everyone to reduce carbon emissions and for governments to meet carbon reduction goals, the need for fixing and improving the insulation in Australia's existing housing stock has never been more urgent (up to 90% of pre-2000 homes need some form of retrofit insulation). Insulation is a natural fit with solar power, also a booming industry, as a 'cocooned' house can reduce the size of solar power units (panels and batteries) by up to 30%
We expect the franchisee to exclusively service regions that host between 70,000 and 100,000 homes with the potential to add to these regions if the franchisee proves they can service a larger region hence there is a limited number of Franchises available for the ACT (2) and surrounding districts.
Like all good franchises the successful applicant can expect full training, mentoring, procedures and systems documentation and support to ensure the best outcomes for both the Franchisee and the Franchisor.
The Franchise Fees are very low by franchise standards and are fixed to encourage growth without financial penalties imposed on the franchisee through fees based on turnover.
The business provides opportunities for the franchisee to engage in a variety of activities and has the potential for the franchisee to focus their activities on just a component of the business, i.e., management and administration, marketing, sales or installing.
As well as a standalone business we believe that the franchise can be a good add on operation to other businesses such as building, a building trade (such as plastering, carpentry, roofing, insulation installing, bricklaying, painting), building maintenance, solar power, and other energy saving businesses as there is the potential to utilise existing overheads in running this insulation franchise.
Due to the high gross profit margins in our specialist products the franchisee can create a good lifestyle working their own hours and still earn a good living. The franchisee can focus on lifestyle or work 7 days a week to maximise profitability, whatever they choose.
This is also a fantastic opportunity for those that might want to enter the energy saving and sustainability 'network' of likeminded professionals and tradespeople who interact to achieve some great energy saving and environmental outcomes for the community and individual customers alike.
WHAT SORT OF TEAM MEMBER DO WE WANT?
Must Have Qualities
- · You don’t have to be a genius, average intelligence will do, but you must believe in customer service, you must be a team player willing to follow established procedures (you can recommend improvements), you must have respect for customer’s property and leave customers premises undamaged, clean and tidy.
- · IT literate.
- · Basic administrative skills to allow proper reporting, billing of customers and the like.
- · People skills for proper customer communication and networking, including good manners and respectable appearance.
- · Agile and ability to work in confined spaces and working at heights when required.
- · Self-disciplined.
- · Access to sufficient working capital.
Non-Essential Qualities But Qualities That Would Be To An Applicants Advantage
- · Trade or handyman background with experience using power tools and equipment.
- · Basic understanding of WH&S and Quality Assurance/Control systems.
- · Management and marketing skills.
- · Computer skills and ability to work with various software applications.
- · An interest in energy saving and sustainability and networking with likeminded people.
- · Ambitious whilst still trying to maintain a balanced lifestyle.
Property Title Included:
Business Operated from Home: